Date : April 5, 2020
Easter is a favourite event in our house, but it can involve a mountain of chocolate eggs.
While it’s the perfect time to indulge in a treat or two, sometimes the kids can get an overload of chocolate.
Why not limit the sugar factor without missing out and create these chocolate macadamia bites for Easter? They require only 4 ingredients and taste super yummy!
For a sweet Easter gift idea, you could present these bites in a May Gibbs Cup.
Chocolate Macadamia Bites Recipe
1 half block of dark chocolate
100gms white chocolate buds
Salted macadamia nuts
1. Remove the seeds from the Medjool dates. Use a sharp knife to make a slit and remove the seed accordingly.
2. Add two macadamia nuts to the Medjool date and close it up.
3. Break up the dark chocolate block and melt in 30 second bursts in a microwavable jug in the microwave, stirring between each 30 seconds. Line a baking tray with baking paper and fully immerse dates in chocolate to coat them. Place the coated dates on the lined baking tray and then put in the fridge to set.
4. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 15 second bursts, stirring between each 15 seconds until the chocolate is completely melted. Once the dark chocolate is set, remove the tray from the fridge. Use a spoon to drizzle white chocolate across each of the bites. Don’t worry if big droplets of white chocolate fall onto the bites. Put the tray back in the fridge to set for 30 mins.
5. When ready, serve the chocolate bites on a tray or give away as an Easter gift to family and friends.
These delicious bites can be stored in the fridge in a container for up to a week.
Other macadamia recipes to try
Contributed By Crafty Bec
Crafty Bec is here to help stimulate little imaginations and spark a creative flame in little people. Inspired by May Gibbs’ own passion for creative writing and art, Bec helps educators and mums to embrace nature inspired creativity.