Date : January 28, 2020
Mr Lizard is known for telling great stories to Snugglepot and Cuddlepie at night. He is quite the story teller, and often tells his stories at night, by the campfire.
What better way to celebrate New Year’s Eve than with a craft that will light up the night, just like Mr Lizard does with his bedtime stories?
You’re going to love making these glow stick lizards and they are an ideal craft to keep the kids entertained while waiting for the clock to strike midnight!
Green Paint and Brush
1. Cut the perforated edge of the paper plate as this will make the scaly body of the lizard. Cut the edges in half to make two lizards. Also cut each end to a point for the head and tail.
2. Paint each arch green. Take them outside to dry. (Use a hair dryer if your keen to get them dry quicker)
3. Once dry, fold the arches in a zig zag motion and use a hole punch to puncture holes through the body. This will allow for easy threading of the glow stick.
4. Glue googely eyes to the face.
5. Sticky tape pipe cleaner legs to the body of the lizard.
6. Thread through your glow sick. Don’t worry if you accidentally snap the glow stick to glow. This adds to the effect of the lizard.
7. Fasten the glow stick to the lizard body using tape. Ensure the end protrudes for the tongue.
You can make as many lizards as you like and you can be as creative as you wish with the body design of the lizard.
You might like to make a blue tongue lizard and paint the body a brown pattern. The choice is yours to be creative.