Date : August 26, 2020
When it’s time to relax at home, there are so many enjoyable activities to appreciate together as a family. One activity our family loves to do is play board games together.
The board game in mind is a two-player game which you may have played before using a pen and paper.
Noughts and Crosses or Tic-Tac-Toe, as it’s also known, is an easy game to play, even for the littlest hands and youngest minds.
This Noughts and Crosses game uses gumnuts and sticks as the pieces.
It’s an easy game to make and best of all the brown paper bag keeps all the pieces together for the next time you play.
You will need:
Brown paper bag
- Use the secateurs to cut your sticks to 3cm lengths.
- Use a glue gun to stick two sticks together to make a cross. You will need to make 5 crosses (so 10 x 3cm sticks will be needed)
- Trim your gumnuts so there is no stem or branch. You will need 5 gumnuts.
- Use a ruler to draw your noughts and crosses game board on the brown paper bag. You will need two vertical lines and two intersecting horizontal lines, equally spaced apart. (The brown paper bag will be used to store your pieces of the game.)
- Start playing noughts and crosses.
How to play noughts and crosses
The aim of the game is to get all your pieces in a row, whether vertically, horizontally or diagonally.
Each person takes their turn to place their piece on the board.
The first person to place their pieces on the board in a row is the winner.
Noughts and crosses is a game of skill as you have to watch where your opponent places their pieces, but also consider how you can place your pieces in a row to win.
The whole family will have hours of delight with this engaging game of skill and strategy.
Crafty Bec is here to help stimulate little imaginations and spark a creative flame in little people. Inspired by May Gibbs’ own passion for creative writing and art, Bec helps educators and mums to embrace nature inspired creativity.